[haiku-development] Re: Savage Video Driver

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 15:12:55 +0200 CEST

Hi Gerald,

Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I do not have the source files hosted on a website nor do I have any
> plans to do so;  thus, I sending them as an attachment to this
> message
> as Hugo Santos had suggested.
>
> This driver is a nearly complete rewrite of Erdi Chen's BeSavage
> driver
> except for some of Erdi Chen's cursor code, and most of the code is
> adapted from the x.org Savage driver.

Sounds nice! I think it's best to find someone you can usually send
your patches to this driver, and who puts it into our repository,
creates the necessary Jamfiles, etc.
I would volunteer to take over that job; I'm usually just a bit busy,
so it may not always work out as fast as one would want. Having said
that, I'd welcome everyone else to take it over, too :-)

Anyway, have you already created an account in our bug tracker? Would
you be willing to further maintain the driver in case problems occur?

Bye,
   Axel.