[haiku-development] Re: S3 Video Driver

  • From: Siarzhuk Zharski <zharik@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 21:29:00 +0100

Good afternoon, Gerald!

I have completed a video driver that supports the following S3 video chips:

This driver has been tested with actual hardware for all these chips except for the Trio64 UV+ and the Virge MX, and has been found to work reliably. Note that the plain Trio64 and the Trio64V+ are not supported by this driver.
Are there any serious technical reasons do not do this? I'm asking this, because Microsoft Virtual PC emulate following one as it's graphics hardware:

8811    86C732 Trio32, 86C764 Trio64, 86C765 Trio64V+ Rev 01

Anyway it is just for your information - Haiku under VPC emulation is usable in VESA as well. :-)

And thank you for your effort!

Kind Regards,
  S.Zharski.