[haiku-development] Re: Res: Scheduler algorithm improvements

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 18:08:08 +0100

2009/11/7 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Use the "scheduling_recorder <output> <command>", and the
> "DebugAnalyzer" on its output.
> You have to build both manually, though.

Yes Rene told me about those, I'll try them when time permits.
I think I'll also check if my intel hda and my realtek hda uses
different frequencies and see if that leads to anything.

> For testing I had hacked a panic into
> enable_interrupts()/restore_interrupts() when interrupts were turned
> off for more than x usecs. That only worked for single CPU machines,
> that's why I didn't commit it; I may rework it to support SMP as well,
> or clean it up at least.

This may be a stupid question but could we somehow measure and log threads that
hog more than it's quanta (by disabling interrupts) to find 'evildoers'?

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH