[haiku-development] Re: Reproducing system pauses.

Rene Gollent wrote:

Axel, I still see exactly the same freezes with my test (watch
ActivityMonitor while a 4 Gb file is created with dd). At the exact
point the cache fills up all my available memory I get the first UI
freeze (of a few seconds). The freeze repeates itself some other times
before the dd operation completes.

I only see an occasional pause here, but that's only if I try to do
other things while dd and ActivityMonitor are running (i.e. trying to
go into Deskbar and run apps)...just ActivityMonitor and dd alone show
no freezes here on an A64 X2 w/ 1GB on r31836.

What I see could be related to the amount of memory (3 Gb) available to Haiku. I will try to remove some memory to check this theory, although the minimum I will manage to reduce to is 2 Gb. Didn't you mention at some point you had a machine with 3 or 4 Gb od memory?

-Bruno