[haiku-development] Re: Removing About dialogs altogether

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 22:30:06 +0100

On 05.12.2011 21:08, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
2011.12.05 19:59, Axel Dörfler rašė:
On 05.12.2011 08:21, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
By the way, here's another related question. I figured out yesterday
that the TitledSeparatorItem class is not defined in
kits/interface/MenuItem.cpp, as I expected, but in
kits/tracker/Utilities.cpp instead. Should it perhaps be moved to the
Interface Kit's MenuItem.cpp instead? I'd think Tracker is not the only
likely consumer for it...

I haven't looked at it, but a public API has much higher requirements
than a private one. For one, it must be consistent with the rest of
the API, and also, it needs to allow for future changes (ie. FBC
protection). It should be convenient and flexible enough for everyone.

Having said that, since it's private API right now, it could stay
private API in libbe.so, too - moving something to libbe.so is usually
not a problem, as everything links against it anyway.

Just to clarify: does that mean it's OK to move the class to
kits/interface/MenuItem.cpp, or should I move it elsewhere?

How about extending the BSeparatorItem to allow a label?

Best regards,
-Stephan