[haiku-development] Re: Remembering window positions

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 22:31:33 -0400

The way Tracker does it is storing the information as an attribute to the folder the window is showing. I think it makes sense to do the same for all "document" windows (StyledEdit and Pe store the attribute to text files) and some other cases (Terminal tries to do something but it doesn't work very well). For settings windows, I'm unsure this is a required feature. Can't we just make the default position of the window be the right one ?

For example, I think the deskbar prefs should always pop up close to the deskbar. An application settings window could be centered against its parent document window or something like that. Not sure what to do with the remaining preference apps, maybe having them centered is just fine.

A very annoying scenario is that when a pop up window opens if you are using the browser, it often pops up off screen. Very annoying.

Sean