[haiku-development] Re: Receiving UDP multicasts?

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 12:56:53PM +0100, Axel D?rfler wrote:
> On 30.12.2012 03:41, Pete Goodeve wrote:
> >Is Haiku supposed to be able to receive multicast messages?
>
> I'm not sure I remember correctly, but I think at one point in the past,
> it definitely worked. I may have disabled it last time I worked on the
> network stack as it was buggy, though.

Looks like it... (:-/)  ipv4.cpp, lines 692-3:

        // TODO: fix multicast!
        return false;

Is there any point in commenting that out again?  Is it likely to blow up,
or just not behave very well?

Guess I should throw a ticket -- get it into the pipeline at least...

Thanks,

        -- Pete --