[haiku-development] Receiving UDP multicasts?

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Haiku Development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 18:41:40 -0800

Hi,

Is Haiku supposed to be able to receive multicast messages?

I was trying to get a new Csound module that receives MIDI over UDP
working, with no luck, so I grabbed a simple sender/receiver pair off
the web and tried those.

Working between Haiku and a Linux machine, in short I seem to be able
to *send* multicast, but the receiver just sits inert in Haiku.   In Linux,
both send and listen work fine (even within the same machine).

Is there maybe something I need to set that's automatically present
in Linux?  Has anybody used multicast?

        -- Pete --