[haiku-development] Rebuilding jam/buildtools

  • From: Jessica Hamilton <jessica.l.hamilton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 22:15:10 +1300

Even though repackaging jam/binutils/gcc should be rare, the current
process is extremely time consuming.

First, we have to wait for the repo to be synced to GitHub, and then
haikuporter then needs to clone the git repo (or download a tarball in
the case of binutils currently).

In the case of jam, my hack to the jam recipe was to create a
buildtools.path containing path to my local git repo of buildtools in
the jam folder, then add an additional URI at the top:

git+file://`cat buildtools.path || true`/.git#hash-goes-here

This reduced my repackaging efforts to a minute or two, rather than
potentially hours.

Does anyone have any issue with adding this (or similar proposal?) to
the recipe(s)? I suppose I should also update the git ignore file to
include buildtools.path (or perhaps just *.path, if we'd like to
utilise for other recipes where this could be useful).

Thoughts?
Jessica