[haiku-development] Re: Read-only Directory problems

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 15:43:46 +0200

Hi,

On 2015-05-16 at 14:22:53 [+0200], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Am 16/05/2015 um 07:41 schrieb Adrien Destugues:
We patched Python to have site-packages in a writable location and a
separate vendor-package in our package directories. We would need to do
the same for Ruby.

When you say "we" -- who did work on Python? I'd be interested to get
PIP to work, but I'd like to get a heads up by the one responsible for
the status quo first :-)

I was the one adding the concept of a "vendor path" into our Python port
and who moved the site-packages folder. At the time, I didn't check with
PIP, so it's quite possible that PIP didn't ever work (not even for Python
2.6, which was the version I worked on).

What is the problem with PIP, is it trying to write to a read-only path?

cheers,
Oliver