[haiku-development] Re: Raspberry Pi Haiku, first baby step.

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar.adema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 13:02:39 +0200

Hi,

On 04/27/2012 07:49 PM, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
Definitely right here Urias. *no* Haiku code is yet booting on the Raspberry Pi.

Thus far the only thing that has started on the Pi has been the linux kernel.

This is just me figuring out a way to boot something other then Linux on the Pi. (there was extremely slim documentation on what the Raspberry Pi was expecting
for a kernel, etc)

Sorry for the confusion :)
I haven't touched the ARM port of Haiku for far too long, but if you can get the bootloader to build in a format like the code above, you should be close to booting this baby into the kernel. Of course, the kernel wasn't quite done yet on ARM either, so it will probably not get far, but it would be an interesting target....

If I wasn't stuck in RL work so much I'd might have had a look at it myself ;)

Ithamar.