[haiku-development] Re: Raspberry Pi Haiku, first baby step.

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 12:49:31 -0500

On 27.04.2012 10:00, Urias McCullough wrote:
give us a youtube video :-D

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:08 AM, Alexander von Gluck
<kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Umm..  I don't think the hit count would be very high of a led turning on
after
the Pi is plugged in :P

Before ridiculousness ensues, and people start blogging and/or
publishing misleading articles...

Let's be clear: there's *no* actual haiku code in the haikupi.tar.gz...

It's a few lines of asm, a very short C file that fiddles with the
GPIO, and a closed-source binary blob provided by the rPi guys
(apparently from broadcom?). The shell script compailes the .S and .c
file, and then smears them together with the blob to make it bootable.

Definitely right here Urias. *no* Haiku code is yet booting on the Raspberry Pi.

Thus far the only thing that has started on the Pi has been the linux kernel.

This is just me figuring out a way to boot something other then Linux on the Pi. (there was extremely slim documentation on what the Raspberry Pi was expecting
for a kernel, etc)

Sorry for the confusion :)

 -- Alex