[haiku-development] Re: Radeon HD driver feedback

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 09:33:31 -0500

On 04.05.2012 03:32, Isak Andersson wrote:
Is the resolution to high or too low? Is the image streched in any way?

Only on the splash screen. Otherwise it looks pretty good (besides the hideous flickering)

Screenshot: http://yfrog.com/gzblmwxj

Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>

Just for reference, the fact that the boot splash isn't at the correct
resolution isn't really relevant ; no driver is in use at that point,
this simply implies that either a) the correct resolution wasn't
retrievable via EDID, or if it was, b) the card's VESA BIOS doesn't
actually support that resolution. Either way, it doesn't have any
bearing on the actual radeon driver later, unless the latter likewise
has issues acquiring correct EDID data.

The radeon_hd driver currently uses the VESA edid information in places,
this mostly is because of the lack of Haiku multi-monitor support (radeon_hd
can however pull edid from each display) I can try always using the first
display's edid data... however it seemed kind of hackish at the time.
(although no-more-so then using VESA edid I guess)

It looks as though the VGA bios on the non-working machine is pretty whacky
(as the Haiku splash doesn't even find a valid mode)

 -- Alex