[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] sigaction SA_SIGINFO support

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 07:42:05 +0100

On 2010-01-25 at 20:33:30 [+0100], Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
wrote:
> Am 25.01.2010 um 19:45 schrieb Ingo Weinhold:
> > I don't even like the addition of <ucontext.h>. It's an utterless
> > useless
> > header as long as it is not backed by functionality, only adding the
> > risk
> > of tripping configure scripts that erroneously infer from the
> > existence of
> > the header that the features exist as well. More importantly though,
> > the
> > header was already marked obsolescent in 2004 and is no longer POSIX
> > since
> > 2008. I would vote for removing it again.
>
> That's not true. What's marked obsolete are the functions getcontext
> etc. that I have deliberately left out.
>
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/ucontext.h.html

You're right, the header itself was not marked obsolescent in 2004. But
that wasn't my point. The header *is* no longer POSIX (well, or at least
obsolescent -- signal.h refers to it as such, although the link is broken),
so we shouldn't add it.

> The key part is the mcontext_t definition, as pointed out in the
> ticket, and that does not need backing further than defining it in a
> useful way.

Those are supposed to be defined in signal.h, now.

> Feel free to #if 0 out the ucontext_t type if it confuses some piece
> of software.

But then, what's the point?

CU, Ingo