[haiku-development] Re: RFC: password roster API

  • From: Truls Becken <truls.becken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 21:19:19 +0100

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 15:51, Humdinger wrote:

> Axel Dörfler, on Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:07:07 +0100:
>
>> Changing a password is a bit more complicated, though, since an
>> application like WebPositive cannot even know how to do that, as each
>> website has its own mechanism for things like that.
>
> Sure, but that password managing app could at least offer a way to open
> the URL to the site and let you do the rest. (Plus offering to generate
> a new secure password you can use to fill out the "change password"
> form.)

The part in parentheses here is the most interesting bit I think. A
good password generator, plus the ability to see old and new password
until you have made the change (or backed out of it). But this would
be a gui thing, and not part of the password store itself. Would make
it more tempting to change passwords - "You should consider changing
this password soon, here is what you should consider changing it to"!

-Truls