[haiku-development] Re: RFC: password roster API

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:07:07 +0100

"Humdinger" <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Axel Dörfler, on Mon, 24 Jan 2011 23:46:51 +0100:
> > Please tell me what you think, and what else would be needed, or
> > what
> > is probably overkill.
> Would it be a good idea to give every password a timestamp? That way
> an
> option could be added to  prompt for changing a password after a
> defined period of time for Even More Security(tm).

That could certainly be done, although I think I would find that
seriously annoying :-)
It could just tell you the age of the password, though, which wouldn't
be too bad.

Changing a password is a bit more complicated, though, since an
application like WebPositive cannot even know how to do that, as each
website has its own mechanism for things like that.

Bye,
   Axel.