[haiku-development] Re: RFC: @haiku-os.org email address policy

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 00:04:25 +0100

Hi,

Am 07.01.2010 um 22:32 schrieb Jorge G. Mare:

I have the feeling that the concerns raised about the potential misuse of the Haiku email addresses may be rooted in the notion that anyone with a Haiku email address speaks for the project in some form of official capacity. This is a misconception IMO.

+1

Either you hand out email addresses to an elite group of people in order for them to act as an official spokesperson for the project.

Or you use it merely as a way to increase visibility of haiku-os.org and promote its use in communication with other projects, in which case it may make more sense to tie the address to the Trac account and make it a no-brain clickable option in the user's Trac settings to minimize the administrative overhead involved. (No idea what amounts of bandwidth we are talking about here though and whether this is feasible at all.)

But handing email addresses to an elect handful of people and then making their use of such address to act in the name of the project a condition to suspend their account appears rather contradictory to me.

Andreas