[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] Haikuporter - Removing the no-dependencies flag?

  • From: James Leone <linuxcpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 09:48:06 -0800

On Dec 3, 2014 9:34 AM, "Alexander von Gluck IV" <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> We're starting to see bugs in letting applications write .la files.
>
> The .la files point to fixed versions of dependency_libs.
>
> In my example:
>
> libogg installed on my system is 1.3.0-2
> libvorbis on my system was compiled towards libogg 1.3.0-2
>

> I rebuilt libogg (no deps) to build libsndfile as there is a newer
version (1.3.2)

> when I went to rebuild libsndfile, the libvorbis.la referenced the
system's
> libogg 1.3.0 directory while the haikuporter loaded libogg was 1.3.2
breaking the build.

> Example:
> /boot/system/develop/lib/libvorbis.la
> .
> .
> dependency_libs=' -L/packages/libogg-1.3.0-2/.self/develop/lib
/packages/libogg-1.3.0-2/.self/develop/lib/libogg.la'

I like solution 3..."leave it alone."
keep the build process working and not worry about misnumbering cosmetics
that are benign.

If you got rid of no-dependencies Haiku Porter is much less viable to use.

> .
>
> To solve these issues we have two solutions:
>
>   - Removing the --no-dependencies flag
>     Fixes the issue
>     Pain in the ass as if anyone updates a package and not the repo,
everyone has to recompile it in child dependencies.