[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] Getting rid of the tabs in Terminal, using Stack & Tile instead

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 07:57:44 -0400

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 7:03 AM, Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, it should simply be merged into BTabView. The scrolling should always
be enabled when necessary, the other features (close button, tab size) can
be optional.

+1.

Using the wasted title bar space on Windows by moving the tabs there, does
make sense. However, on Haiku that space isn't wasted, because it allows
stacking windows -- windows with tab views. As I wrote before, I find that
that an awesome feature to neatly organize multiple browser windows on a
single workspace. Losing that functionality would be... uh... a loss.

Agreed. I may be in a minority, but personally I'd rather have S&T be
a feature that's strictly for the user's organizational purposes, and
not co-opted by apps (or at least not without it being an explicit
option).

Regards,

Rene