[haiku-development] Re: [RFC] Adding a void* interface to the midi kit.

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 16:52:15 +0100

Am 07/12/2014 18:33, schrieb Alexander von Gluck IV:
The midi application crashes on x86_64 as the midi kit expects int32
pointers for a hook function.

The patch attached introduces a new void* hook interface while keeping
the int32 interface for ABI / Source compatibility.

Thoughts?  I don't generally make these kind of API changes so posting
here :-)

The exported symbol looks like this: SetFileHook(void (*)(long), long).
IOW the soft_synth_hook name is not part of the API; I would just move the function above to the private part, and change the rest to the new API. This way, you will break source compatibility, but binary compatibility is not affected. Furthermore, you'll have at least some of those ifdefs, and _new typedefs :-)

Bye,
   Axel.