[haiku-development] Re: R1/a4 initial planning

  • From: "SMC.Collins" <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 06:59:08 +0000 (UTC)

----- Original Message -----
From: PHilip RUshik <prushik@xxxxxxxxx>
To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 06:14:24 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: [haiku-development] Re: R1/a4 initial planning

<Like I said, I have never used it on a desktop machine, only on an embedded
device, so I could be wrong about its speed on <desktop machines.

<However, 25 mb is huge, saying that that is no "fat" is quite a silly
statement, I don't even think GTK is that big, and GTK is also <huge.

in contrast to 4gb of ram and 300gb of storage "typical desktop config at
walmart for $2-399" it seems rather trivial to me.On a modern embeeded device
like andriod, it still seems trivial, most of them have 1gb of ram and 4-16gb
of storage.

  aside from the javascript crashes, cuased by a out of date qtwebkit build
best as I can tell, QT apps work. I would not advocate for replacing the entire
BeAPI, I think of QT as a bridge and a good roadmap for exspansion of the BeAPI
as it were. But I would deffer that level of judgement to the dev who are
vastly more qualified then myself.

Sean