[haiku-development] Re: R1/A3: a thought about the release cycle.

Hi,

Am 03.11.2010 07:46, schrieb Michael Pfeiffer:
Am 02.11.2010 um 21:39 schrieb Ingo Weinhold:
In theory yes, in practice this might turn out to be more complicated. E.g.
there are at least a few components (ShowImage, ext2, the Gutenprint stuff,
Locale Kit/ReadOnlyBootPrompt) for which I couldn't say what state they are
in ATM. If any of those still requires significant work to get them into an
acceptable state for the release, we would already have exceptions to the
policy.

If the Gutenprint printer driver add-on is not ready for the next alpha
it should not be put on the image.

I don't see why, since it does not affect other components. Wouldn't you want the additional testing?

Best regards,
-Stephan