[haiku-development] Re: R1 (Final) General Interest poll closed. Results posted. ...

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 13:58:54 +0100

2010/12/13 Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>:
> For me, the real question is why people voted for this. Did they think that
> Haiku will not work or not work well without the drivers? Are there enough
> people that experience difficulties with the existing drivers? Were there
> enough people with problems to pick their native resolution because VESA
> does not do it? Depending on the answers to these quesions, the efficient
> solution to the problem may be completely different.

I was the one that proposed 'mode setting' because I think it's a
quite common problem, at least it's a common question on IRC.

AFAICT native resolution is the problem. Many widescreen or higher
resolutions are not supported in most vesa implementations, resulting
in black screen or distorted display.

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH