[haiku-development] Re: Qustion of the packagemanagment system.

  • From: pulkomandy <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:21:05 +0200

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 12:57:02PM +0200, Fredrik Modéen wrote:
> >Hi,
> >You should put the package in home/config/packages. If there is a
> >problem with it, the package manager will tell you using a BNotification
> >or an error window. You can also check the syslog to see when it becomes
> >active.
>
> Thanks that worked :). Problem now are that it says the package are not
> installable. The syslog don't say anyting.
>
> This are the .packinfo file. I couldn't use 1.1.0 it said it hade the wrong
> versioning.

The format is version-revision, in your case 1.1.0-1. You increment the
revision when doing changes only to the packaging.

>       cp vmwaddons/objects.x86-gcc4-debug/vmwaddons 'VMW Add-Ons/apps/Vmware'
>       cp vmwmouse/objects.x86-gcc4-debug/vmwmouse 'VMW
> Add-Ons/add-ons/input_server/filters'
>       cp readme.txt 'VMW Add-Ons'
>       cp .PackageInfo 'VMW Add-Ons'

The readme file should not be at the root of the package. You can put it
next to the application in the apps/Vmware folder.

It may be better to use haikuporter to automate the creation of the
package. I'm not too familiar with manual invocation of the package
tool, maybe others can help.

--
Adrien.