[haiku-development] Re: QT for R2

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 23:07:16 +0100

On 21.03.2012 19:25, pulkomandy wrote:
[BArray, BHashMap]
First of all, I'm not sure having such classes is useful. We have the
STL that works fine, as far as I know ? I understand the need for
BString with all the encoding, copy-on-write optimization, text
formatting stuff it brings, but std::vector and std::map don't look like
they need a replacement (and we already have a BHashMap in private
namespace, BTW).

The STL is certainly a bit flawed. Besides its ugly API, the iterators are very inconvenient to use in certain use cases (like removing an item). Have a look at its Java counterparts to see how its done right. I wouldn't mind to see such classes as part of the Haiku API.

Bye,
   Axel.