[haiku-development] Re: QT for R2

On 3/18/2012 19:30, Andrew Wood wrote:
Im very sad to hear this is seriously being contemplated.

The whole point of Haiku was to re-create the Be OS and hand in hand with that is the Be API which I still think is far more elegant than QT or anything else.

What is the beneft of QT on Haiku as opposed to QT on Linux or FreeBSD? As far as I can see, nothing. So why bother?

Am I alone in thinking this is a big mistake?

As far as I'm aware we are talking about a quality port of QT so we can get our hands on some quality applications and not remain 10+ years behind. I do not believe anyone is planning to use QT in place of native code.

--The loon