[haiku-development] Re: QT and SDL GCC4 libs and Haik compatible Logo program

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 23:38:48 +0200

Adrien Destugues <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think I said 2 (or more) times already that, as a 3rd party
> developper, I'd
> like to use the badge, not on Haikuware, but on my own website as a
> way to
> support Haiku. I expect certain rules to follow before doing that.

I don't see the need for a badge, but at least I now know what you mean
:-) The use of the Haiku logo for this definitely falls under the fair
use policy we have for the logo, and that's what people usually do in
this case.

> > That is a good point. I suppose most software which would be
> > uploaded
> > to Haikuware is at least *trying* to run on Haiku. Though it might
> > be
> > a bit harsh to apply some sort of "Not Up To Haiku Standards - You
> > Suck" badge ;)
> That one, on the other hand, will likely stay inside Haikuware, and
> maybe not
> use the Haiku trademarks and logo. So I don't think it's up to Haiku
> (inc,
> project, or anything else) to define it ?

Of course not, the Haiku project can only define the guidelines a nicely
written application should follow.

Bye,
   Axel.