[haiku-development] Re: QT and SDL GCC4 libs and Haik compatible Logo program

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 22:13:35 +0200

Am 03.06.2011 19:04, schrieb Adrien Destugues:
 SMC.Collins wrote:
If you could please as a group hand down a specification and some sort
of policy and how to go about creating a rating system that does not
violate the haiku-os and haiku inc IP. A group could be assembled to
handle the rest of this task while taking little of the time of the
group.

If the people from the Haiku project don't want to do it,then who will ?
Do weneed to ressurect beunited for proposing standards ?

I think it should be created as a Wiki Page on dev.haiku-os.org. Anyone interested can contribute to the document, including current committers. When it is considered ready by those who actively work on it, there could be a mail to the developer mailing list requesting some final feedback and after it is agreed upon it should be put on the website. Ryan already announced his plans to participate. I think having those guidelines come "within the project" will be fine, they serve a similar purpose as the HIG and the Icon guidelines, which are also accessible from the official website -- why not?

Best regards,
-Stephan