[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: {dns,name,resolver}_server

  • From: Izomiac <haikulist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:25:47 -0500

I like this idea, DNS seems to give me more connectivity issues than
anything.  One nice feature would be falling back to a default set of DNS
servers (or query the root servers).  It's kinda a pain if your DNS or DHCP
server goes down and you don't have the IP address of another DNS server
memorized.  Possible server pools would include the US Military or OpenNIC.
I've heard OpenDNS does NX domain hijacking, so that would be a less
desirable option.