[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: Release Schedule

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 19:31:27 +0200 CEST

Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > I agree with you on this for the alpha. No need for parallel
> > development if we are only going to freeze for a week.
> Then developers who work on something other than bug fixes during
> this week
> will have to branch. I.e. you get one branch per such developer,
> while
> otherwise you'd get just one branch for the release. Or, more likely,
> people won't commit their non-bugfix changes for the week, which
> can't be
> the desired effect either.

The idea behind this is, that no developer does something else than
working on fixing bugs. Of course, we can force no one to do that, but
since we're all working towards the goal of releasing
Haiku, I don't think this would be much of a problem.

Also, stuff that isn't part of the alpha, wouldn't need to be branched
either.

Bye,
   Axel.