[haiku-development] Re: Proposal: Moving away from Subversion

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 21:43:33 +0200

Am 28.06.2010 um 15:26 schrieb Axel Dörfler:

Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx> wrote:
Am 23.06.2010 um 10:14 schrieb Axel Dörfler:
For me, git is out of the question, not only because of the
revision
numbers, but also because of its incredibly bad user interface,
Hm? Anything in particular?
I find the porcelain's implicit use of less very handy, for instance.

I am mostly referring to the 130 hard links it clobbers your "bin"
directory with.

In addition to what other have explained wrt libexec, I have personally taken care that the hardlinks are replaced by softlinks on Haiku in preference over copies. :)

That reminds me that I should push my Makefile changes one day to simplify my and HaikuPorts' build scripts...

Andreas