[haiku-development] Re: Press Space for Boot Options in Bootloader

Le mardi 26 octobre 2010 à 06:28 -0400, The_Serial_Wombat a écrit :

>  Also, where do I find these little "updates" (like the "shift key"
> trick) besides reading the code? (I don't usually svn, since I don't
> compile the source. No real build system set up yet.)

The user guide (website or on the desktop) is up to date in this regard.
So a new user should find it easilly, though paradoxically that can
easily be missed by oldtimers :)

Btw, as can be seen in http://dev.haiku-os.org/changeset/35050/ , the
guide doesn't mention Esc,F8,F12 and Space yet.

As for the subject at hand, i think that the most user friendly way is
for the os to notice the failed boot by itself and explain/propose a
solution to the user, a bit like Windows does. Also think for example
when, in the future, a faulty kernel or driver update could be reverted
there.

Regards,
Alex