[haiku-development] Re: Press Release Contact

  • From: "Nicholas L. Otley" <nicholasotley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 17:51:36 +0100

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for the constructive criticism, it's much appreciated and I agree with
the points you made.

Next revision coming soon.

Cheers,
Nik

Sent from my HTC

On 2010-05-09 at 03:02:40 [+0200], Nicholas Otley <nicholasotley@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On 8 May 2010 23:22, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 16:41, Nicholas Otley <nicholasotley@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > > On 8 May 2010 15:00, Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >>

> > > Let me know if there are any errors.
> >
> > We shouldn't be using "Haiku Operating System".
> > eg  "About the Haiku Operating System:" --->  About Haiku:
> >

> Change made and attached as ODT and PDF
>

> > otherwise, looks great!
> >

> Thanks! :)
>

> > maybe send an email out to the dev list to get more feedback on who
> > should review it and who needs to translate it.
> >

> CC'd to haiku-development for feedback.

Here is some feedback:

* The date of the press release says 2009.

* I think the fourth paragraph could still use some work ("This second
alpha release of ..."). It needs more meat, IMHO. People will be interested
at a hint of what has improved. The "thanks" section is not so important
this time, IMHO. Rather mention WiFi stack, huge performance increase, new
WebKit-based native browser as the highlights. And perhaps the many
bugfixes, of which many were a result of releasing Alpha 1. That the
project managed to attract new developers. The "small resilient" team thing
sounds somehow like the project is so insignificant that it would have died
already, if not for the few die-hard core developers. IMHO, the press
release should reflect the fact that Haiku has grown, also thanks to the
previous Alpha 1 release and that we hope Alpha 2 will further grow the
project.

Best regards,
-Stephan