[haiku-development] Re: Preliminary R1/Alpha 2 images available for limited testing.

Hi,

Ingo Weinhold a écrit :
I tested all images under Qemu respectively VMware and Web+ works fine. I have boot troubles with the burned CD, but I believe that's just the CD-RW having reached the end of it's life (the surface doesn't look too good anymore). Trying another one, now.

CU, Ingo

I have the same problem with the two previous images (haiku-r1a2-rc-r36724-x86gcc2hybrid-cd and haiku-r1a2-rc-r36737-x86gcc2hybrid-cd). My two tested rewritable disks were quite old (> 5 years old), so it might be a problem with those media too. I have also tested on a rewritable DVD, and it works fine. Unfortunately, i don't have a recent empty cd to test on a high quality one.

A serial output is available here : http://olivier.coursiere.free.fr/download/serial_output_Haiku_CD_RW.txt. It is a serial output from VMWare. The iso work fine if loaded directly from the disk, but not from the cd. Maybe i should copy the iso from the cd and compare it with the original one.

I hope it is a false alert.

Olivier