[haiku-development] Re: Pre-Alpha Release Builds

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 15:24:19 +0100

Axel Dörfler wrote:
Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is it intentional that the two latest pre-alpha builds are now named haiku-alpha-rxxxxx.zip (missing the "pre-"). Some people might think alpha is out :-D (i've seem someone confused already in #haiku logs)

I just asked Sikosis again to rename them, dunno why he still didn't do it. Quite annoying, too.

Yeah, was about to do the same, he must have missed my mail.
I remember some news site that announced a release (of some other oss project) before the official announcement, just looking at the public ftp servers, for the sake of the scoop 8-| . Scary, could be quite damaging in our case.

see ya,
Alex