[haiku-development] Re: Pre-Alpha Release Builds

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:47:17 +0200 CEST

> > Probably a good idea, though maybe it'd be prudent to hold off
> > until
> > that one data corruption bug is fixed?
>
> Why that? I figure it's probably more useful for others than the
> nightly images we publish right now.
> It should ease following (and debating) the long path to our first
> release.

Often I got complains from ppl I pointed to images who didn't find a
browser or other apps... so having the opt packages in is definitely
better when pointing ppl to an image to discover it.

> > Where is NetSurf ? :D
>
> We haven't really decided to put it in yet, have we?
> Unless it provides some real advantage (and looks polished), I would
> actually be hesitant to add just another browser just because of
> short
> boot times.
> OTOH BeHappy could very well be such an advantage, if we put the
> BeBook
> on disk, too.

Need to fix the crash on exit when it doesn't find it, but it should
work right away. Didn't try indexing our own version though.

François.