[haiku-development] Re: Pre-Alpha Release Builds

"Rene Gollent" <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >                HAIKU_IMAGE_HOST_NAME = shredder ;
> Please tell me that wasn't a veiled hint about what will be done to
> whatever hard disk this is tested on :)

Well, it should give you a hint that you shouldn't trust it that much.

> > Should I publish the image on haiku-files.org, and make it
> > available
> > for everyone?
> > I would like to update them from time to time, so that we (and
> > others)
> > can get a better feel at what still needs to be done.
> Probably a good idea, though maybe it'd be prudent to hold off until
> that one data corruption bug is fixed?

Why that? I figure it's probably more useful for others than the
nightly images we publish right now.
It should ease following (and debating) the long path to our first
release.

"François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > OpenSound is missing (AFAIK it still contains drivers that clash
> > with
> > ours, François?), and the old IDE bus manager is still in use
> > instead
> Yeah, working on that.

Great.

> Where is NetSurf ? :D

We haven't really decided to put it in yet, have we?
Unless it provides some real advantage (and looks polished), I would
actually be hesitant to add just another browser just because of short
boot times.
OTOH BeHappy could very well be such an advantage, if we put the BeBook
on disk, too.

Bye,
   Axel.