[haiku-development] Re: Post R1A2 Release.

Ingo Weinhold wrote:

* First of all, I think the release was a bit rushed. The time span from starting the process to the release date was quite short and a few things happened more in a hurry than was good for the quality of the release.

* I think the process needs a reasonably long "cool down" phase. The (prospectively) final images should be built several days before the release date. This leaves more time for final testing and updating the release notes with issues found.

I agree, for example there was no planned margin in case the test images were problematic. Another thing that i missed from this release was the proposal/vote process that we did for alpha 1, making it more like a time based release (even though lots have been done in the last months). In general, i think it's a good idea to work towards a more formal release process.

Regards,
Alex