[haiku-development] Re: Possible USB EHCI problem

  • From: Juergen Buchmueller <pullmoll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:47:27 +0200

On Wed, 23 Sep 2009 09:30:43 -0300
"Andr? Braga" <meianoite@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Disable the C1E power saving option on your BIOS and see if it helps.

It did not make a difference.

> Alternatively, leave it enabled, boot normally and when it hangs
> (before the drives icon, I assume), wait some 10s and hit  (don't
> hold) the power button once. If it proceeds, great. Else, wait another
> 10s and hit it again.

That didn't work either. Hitting the button immediately shut down the
machine.

> See http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3999

I found another one's hint in the user forums and following it, I was
now able to boot up Haiku - in less than eight seconds: impressive.

What I did was disable hispeed legacy USB in the BIOS settings. You can
toggle between "high speed" and "full speed" in the BIOS. I think this
means EHCI isn't initialized by the BIOS, and booting off USB would be
slow (USB 1.0 probably), but that doesn't hurt me.

Juergen