[haiku-development] Re: PoseView as control?

  • From: Caitlin Shaw <rogueeve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 15:39:09 -0700

Rene Gollent wrote:
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Caitlin Shaw <rogueeve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
has in common with a BFilePanel. BPoseView is named as if it is a public
object, but it seems like the headers for it are missing for 3rd-party apps
(they are only in the Tracker Kit subdirectory).

That's because it's a private Tracker class which just happens to be
how BFilePanel is currently implemented. If you look, you'll notice
BPoseView is in fact part of the BPrivate namespace, and as such not
available to apps. Subclassing BFilePanel is what you'll have to make
do with for the time being, especially since PoseView is being
rewritten quite a bit anyways.

I understand and I think I can make that work, although it does seem like it would be useful (and probably more future-proof in case the file panel layout changes later and breaks my app) to eventually provide a control like that to apps.

Anyway, I noticed that the Be Book states that the name of the BCountView control in the file panel is supposed to be "CountVW", but in Haiku it is "CountVw". Is that a bug or an inaccuracy in the Be Book? I don't have a functional BeOS system to check.