[haiku-development] Porting old BeOS code to Haiku-OS

  • From: "Earl Pottinger" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "earl_colby_pottinger@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 12:38:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, I have setup my new computer (3.34 Ghz  I7-CPU  32 GB) but my
programming skills suck big time.

I have started to try and port my old BeOS programs to Haiku but I am running
into multiple problems when I try to compile the code.

Some of the simple CLI programs compile fine, but a number of the more complex
programs fail.   None of my GUI programs compile.

The device drivers do compile and work under GCC2, but while GCC4 will compile
them the resulting drivers will not load.

I have tried reading the tutorials on one the main website and Besly but have
not found the needed info.

I need help.

What I needed to know first is it okay to attach a zip file of my source code
and the error messages to my messages.  And is this the right mailing list or
should I go elsewhere.

Earl Colby Pottinger