[haiku-development] Re: Porting Haiku to a current PowerPC hardware

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:09:38 -0700

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 07:03:42AM -0500, Alexander von Gluck wrote:
> On 18.04.2012 03:17, Ralf Schülke wrote:
> >Raspberry Pi = 30 €
> >
> >http://www.raspberrypi.org/ [3]
> >

> +1.
>
> My Pi shows up in two days ^_^

Veering a bit from the original topic, I'll be very interested to follow
the progress of "Pi-ku", but I wonder how feasible it will be.

Coincidentally I was at a conference over the weekend where Eben
Upton himself joined a session (via Skype) on Open Source Hardware.
He pointed out that the Pi is not (yet) a completely open platform.
I think the audio in particular is proprietary.  So there might be some
haggling involved before one could get a full port.  He did say that they
were working hard on opening everything, though.

        -- Pete --