[haiku-development] Re: Please fix VESA screen resizing

  • From: Joe Prostko <joe.prostko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:26:16 -0400

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:17 AM, Augustin Cavalier
<waddlesplash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 8:55 AM, Stephen Hite <steveh2009@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Whomever went into the screen resizing code and wound up 100% breaking the
>> ability to resize a VESA screen in VirtualBox please not touch a further
>> line of Haiku kernel code until you fix what has worked for over 10 years?

> I've never had this work in the past year and a half that I've been using
> Haiku in VirtualBox. Perhaps you're thinking of the VirtualBox Guest
> Additions for Haiku?

Am I misunderstanding what you both mean by screen resizing?

I did a fresh build of Haiku (hrev47725) just now and ran it on
VirtualBox 4.3.14 under Manjaro Linux.  I had 7 resolutions to pick
from like usual under the Screen preferences (which indeed is VESA
when I hover over the screen preview) and selected the resolution I
always do (1600x1200).  Anyway, all works fine on my end, and has for
as long as I can remember.

- joe