[haiku-development] Re: Plans for HiDPI display support?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 21:37:26 -0400

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM, Gabriele Biffi <mlist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Absolutely not! 2560*1440 at 27" give only 109 DPI ;-)

If they drop in price I'd consider a Chromebook Pixel and see if I
could run Haiku on it. It's DPI is even higher than the Retina
MacBooks, at 239. Ever since I saw the Retina MacBooks I've wanted a
screen like that, but I bought my current MacBook right before the
Retina ones came out and there isn't yet a reason to upgrade. Of
course I'd need a good excuse to get the Pixel, and the current price
is too high just for a nice screen. The other specs aren't so great.
Then of course there is the limited nature of ChromeOS, but there are
ways to mitigate that.

In the mean time Haiku could experiment with pixel doubling on normal
DPI screens.

--
Regards,
Ryan