[haiku-development] Re: Performance improving

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 07:28:58 -0700

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> scott mc wrote:
>>>
>>> I built svn-1.6.0 yesterday and....
>>
>> Did this require any special build steps?  Perhaps you can post your
>> build instructions so others can recreate and document it, svn is part
>> of the alpha1 requirements and we are still using one that was built
>> on beos IIRC.  It would be nice to get this updated.  Did svn pass all
>> of the tests?
>
> Just a follow-up on those tests for svn-1.6.0, Scott. I tested it with the
> version of Python available from BeBits (python2.4) and out of 67 tests, the
> first 28 passed with only a couple of subtest glitches.
>
> After that everything failed, but that was a result of the tests using
> modules not included in the BeBits distro, nor in any source distro I've
> looked at. So AFAIK the build is 99% perfect, but YMMV.
>
> The subtests that failed before test 29 had to do with UTF-8 conversion,
> which may be a Haiku bug. I'll check the test code under BeOS and report it
> if that passes.
>
> Rob

Thanks for the info Rob.  I'll probably take a look at subversion
soon.  We do have natively build python 2.5.2, 2.5.4 and even a 2.7
svn version build and posted on Haiku-Ports:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/Downloads
But they are failing some tests as well:
http://ports.haiku-files.org/wiki/PythonRegressionTests
As they say Patches welcome...
-scottmc