[haiku-development] Re: Performance improving

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 16:12:32 +0000

Stephan Assmus wrote:
On 2009-04-22 at 11:43:06 [+0200], Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The subtests that failed before test 29 had to do with UTF-8 conversion, which may be a Haiku bug.

The BeOS build of SVN 1.4.6 had problems with UTF-8 conversions as well. Those problems mean you cannot have UTF-8 chars in your commit messages and also not in filenames. With the ealier port of SVN, this was not a problem, I know this for sure. So I believe it to be a problem in the newer SVN port(s).

I'll investigate that and send them a patch if I can find the error. Found a copy of select.py on the net at:

http://symptotic.com/mj/meu_framework/select.py

and now have most of the tests after 28 working. Also sent an email to the svn user list asking for copies of the "official" versions of select.py and time.py

WARNING!!!!! DO NOT USE THIS BUILD YET!!! Test 33 (commit tests) FAILS.

This doesn't concern me personally (yet) but will make life hard for the regular developers if they upgrade, since the database created by svn-1.6.0 is incompatible with svn-1.4.6 and it would require a complete source checkout to fix the problem and revert back to svn-1.4.6

Rob