[haiku-development] Re: Partition name localization in Bootman

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare/aka Koki" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:15:18 -0700

PulkoMandy wrote on Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:13:25 +0100

> > This will simply not work for many languages.
>
> If it doesn't, then leave the english wording and live with it. This
> should not prevent localizing the label for languages where it can be
> done.

As I said, we are already doing this. But even then, this is not
particularly user friendly, and I was hoping there could be a better
(as in, less error prone) way to present this to the user.

One way is to make the user aware of the limitation at the time of the
text input; the other could be, if viable, to restrict the text input
in these particular labels, so that only the allowed code page
characters can be entered. Or a combination of both.

Cheers,

Jorge / aka Koki