[haiku-development] Page faults.

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:53:20 -0300

I used Axel's latest changes to monitor the page fault pattern in Haiku and I noticed something I am not 100% sure was expected.

If you start running ls - l in the terminal repeatedly, you will get lots of page faults (around 700/s). Is this really expected considering I am simply listing the same directory over and over without doing anything else (so the directory contents and file inodes will already be in the cache)? Or is this just the fact that it is a different team and them the cache must be remapped to it (and this is the reason of the page faults)?

-Bruno