[haiku-development] Re: Outsourcing more command line apps to optionalpacakges

  • From: Grzegorz Dąbrowski <grzegorz.dabrowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:57:56 +0200

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 10:47 PM, scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As part of fixing ticket 1894 (http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/1894) I
> was thinking this might be the time to move some of the commandline
> apps out to optionalpackages like we did with sed awhile back.
> Some of the packages that could be outsourced are:
>
> coreutils
> sharutils
> diffutils
> findutils
> gawk
> grep
>
> Any others?

TiltOS project outsourced as much as possible[1]:

Applications:
bash, bc, bzip2, coreutils, ctags, diffutils, findutils, grep, gawk,
gdb (older version), gzip, inetutils (different replacement for ftp,
telnet), less, make, netcat, patch, sed, sharutils, tar, tcpdump,
traceroute, unzip, unrar, vim, wget, zip

Libraries:
freetype, fluidsynth, icu, libjpeg, libpng, libstdc++ (actually
libstdc++.so.6), libtiff, zlib

[1]
http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/pingwinek/trunk/packages/haiku-tiltos/haiku-tiltos.box?revision=13666&view=markup

--