[haiku-development] Re: Optional Packages for R1A3

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 16:55:43 -0700

>  How many could fit in a 700mb cd envelope ?you could split the A3 into a
> light/heavy download. I would think the SDL libs, and most of the really
> needed ones like libevent for the torrents utilitys etc should be included.
>
>  at A3 I think most will expect more out of haiku then the previous 2
> alphas.
>
>  might be better to make it easier to software to work without alot of
> headaches.
>
>  Sean

I think we should hold off on including SDLLibs until after GSoC is
done.  They still need a bit of work and this summer we'll have a
student working on SDL-1.3.  There's still some issue in the current
SDL port.  You may still be able to install them via
installoptionalpackage, but they shouldn't be included on the image by
default, not yet at least.

-scottmc